Hello Folks, this post is to inform you all about the Online Quiz Competition On this eve, National Mathematics Day 2021, is celebrated every year to commemorate Srinivasa Ramanujan’s, Indian Mathematical Genius birth anniversary.
About Online Quiz Competition
E-Quiz Competition organized for everyone on National Mathematics Day. In this Quiz Contest, you will get Multiple Based Questions or Objective Questions based on General knowledge about Ramanujan’s life history, or on National Mathematics Day.
And after completion of this Quiz Contest, you will get a Free Certificate, if you will score well.
About National Mathematics Day
Since 2012, India has celebrated National Mathematics Day on the 22nd of December every year. The day is observed to honor Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan’s birth anniversary.
This year, the nation commemorates Ramanujan’s 134th birthday. The primary goal of National Mathematics Day is to raise public awareness about the evolution of mathematics and its significance in the advancement of humanity.
Here’s some background on Ramanujan’s life:
- Srinivasa Ramanujan was born in a Tamil Brahmin Iyengar family in Erode, Tamil Nadu, on December 22, 1887.
- In 1903, Ramanujan attended the Government College in Kumbakonam. He failed non-mathematical topics in college due to his inattention.
- Ramanujan began working at the Madras Port Trust as a clerk in 1912.
- Ramanujan enrolled at Trinity College just before World War I broke out. He earned a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in 1916. In 1917, he became a member of the London Mathematical Society.
- In 1919, Ramanujan returned to India. At the age of 32, he passed away a year later.
- Based on Srinivasa Ramanujan’s biography, the film “The Man Who Knew Infinity” was released in 2015.
History Of National Mathematics Day
The day was declared on February 26, 2012, by then-Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to commemorate the 125th birthday of Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan (22 Dec 1887- 26 Apr 1920). The year 2012 was also designated as National Mathematics Month.
Ramanujan’s ideas revolutionized and reshaped mathematics in the twentieth century. The mathematics of the twenty-first century is still shaped by these notions.
Significance Of National Mathematics Day
The prime objective of the commemoration is to create public awareness about the significance of mathematics in human growth. We cannot overlook the fact that various attempts are being launched to motivate, enthuse, and instill a favorable attitude toward learning mathematics among the country’s youth.
On this day, mathematics teachers and students receive training through camps that focus on the development, production, and dissemination of teaching-learning materials (TLM) for mathematics and related research.
Who is the father of mathematics?
Archimedes is known as the Father Of Mathematics.
Why 1729 is a special number?
THE MYSTERY OF RAMANUJAN NUMBER
Ramanujan explained that 1729 is the only number that is the sum of cubes of two different pairs of numbers: 123 + 13, and 103 + 93.
What is celebrated on 22 December?
National Mathematics Day
Who found zero?
“Zero and its operation are first defined by [Hindu astronomer and mathematician] Brahmagupta in 628,” said Gobets. He developed a symbol for zero: a dot underneath numbers.