About Bombay Stock Exchange India
Shri Ashishkumar Chauhan is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange), Asia’s first stock exchange. He worked at the National Stock Exchange of India (“NSE”) from 1992 to 2000 and was one of its founders. Because of his work at the NSE, he is renowned in India as the “Father of Modern Financial Derivatives.” He played a key role in the establishment of India’s first completely automated screen-based trading system and commercial satellite communications network. He also pioneered various ground-breaking frameworks, such as the Nifty index and NSE financial market certifications.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was founded in 1875 as the Native Share and Stock Brokers’ Association and is India’s earliest and largest securities market. The BSE, based in Mumbai, India, is one of the world’s largest stock exchanges, alongside the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Nasdaq, London Stock Exchange Group, Japan Exchange Group, and Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The BSE has aided in the development of India’s capital markets, particularly the retail debt market, as well as the expansion of the Indian corporate sector. The BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange, with a platform for small and medium-sized businesses to trade stocks (SME). Other capital market services provided by the BSE include clearing, settlement, and risk management.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was founded in 1875 as the Native Share and Stock Brokers’ Association. It is Asia’s first exchange and India’s largest securities market.
- The BSE has played a key role in the development of India’s capital markets by offering a cost-effective platform for Indian companies to raise investment capital.
- The BSE is noted for its electronic trading system, which allows traders to execute trades quickly and efficiently.
- Investors can trade equities, currencies, debt instruments, derivatives, and mutual funds on the BSE.
- Other major capital market trading services provided by the BSE include risk management, clearing, settlement, and investor education.